ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are forged pistons really as big of a hastle as some refrences lead you to believe. my understanding is that they are slightly oval shaped until they warm up and expand to fill the cylinder, you have to use floating wrist pins with some of them, i read something about making oiling holes in the wrist pin bosses, and then the biggest problem $$$$$$.

But if you have the money and can do it right the the only big risk i see is that you can't run the engine at full throttle if the engine is cold or else the pistons can get damaged. big deal right?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Pat , Running forged pistons on the street is not a problem..Everything you stated in your post is correct.. The only real problem is cost . While I respect others opinions on the subject , I have never seen a failure of any kind due to the fact that forged pistons were/are used.. Later,,,, Craig

·
Registered
800 Posts
I agree with Craig. Besides you shouldn't be racing the engine cold because that can hurt the turbo also. If you already do a proper warm up and cool down for your turbo, then you won't even notice the forged pistons. I can't wait to get mine so I can turn up the boost higher!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.