ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard do yall think it be to put a ford 9 inch rear end in my 85 300zx, i want a solid rear end cause im afraid im gonna break a half shaft.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no, i cant do it but my buddies can, im just wonderin about it, and want to know if its a good idea.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
anything can be done with enough money and time

imo its not worth the time there are plenty of z31 s pushing 500 hp on stock shafts just so you know and i doubt your gonna be in that range

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no i wont be in that range doubt i get over 300hp, id rather put the time and money into my camaro. but i do like to make the old z31 fast too.

·
Registered
880 Posts
spend the money on making it fast.. get some solid mounts and urathane bushings.. make sure the cv's are in good shape.. you dont need a 9inch.. if you do put a ford axle under there.. i can imagine you will butcher your car doing it.. unless you want to fork out alot of money to get it done right. i have a 240z with a jeep lsd straight axle in it... poor car~ they ruined it...

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
You will not need a 9-inch rear end. z31 turbo half shafts are strong...how many has 1sickZ broke? And he's pushing like 661whp?

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Come back and ask this question when you actually break something. Until then you're just wasting your time with useless questions and what-ifs.

·
Registered
880 Posts
was that sarcasm? i didnt mean to be rude.. but a 9inch is not necessary...

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
...If I can remember correctly, the guy with the fastest z31 in the country is running a narrowed 9-inch axle.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Just get some 6:12 gears in that 9" and you'll have the fastest sixty foot time Z in the country! (just get some 33" mickey thompsons too)

·
Registered
880 Posts
no prob

·
Registered
782 Posts
I broke my halfshaft launching on 4psi I still have an 86 nonturbo rearend and halfshafts with 3:70s, but if you could find some lsd and get bother tires spinning then it would not be as much pressure as putting all your power to one and probably would not break the shafts. Right now my motor is making around 400 flywheel horsepower. and im also making my own intake manifold out of sheet metal should turn out pretty good. then im going for about 380rwhp.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.