ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad has a 1984 Z 31 with a small block mustang 5.0 engine him and my bro purchase the car from philly about 3 yrs ago...so im wondering is there tooling made for this? where can i buy it and what other mods are neccesary to convert my 86 Z31 to a V-8.

·
Registered
147 Posts
if you do the v8 conversion i would go with the chevy 350. Also it is cheaper to build then a ford. And in my opinion its a better motor all togeather. And sence its being put in a car its not ment to be in, you might as well supercharge or even better twin turbo charge it with 20 pounds of boost. If your going to go all the way, go chevy. Oh yeah, and a tube chassie so you dont bent. =o)

Post Edited (Aug 3, 4:25am)

·
Registered
504 Posts
screw that, go 5.0 HO gets some gas milege out of that car, unless you dont care and enjoy getting under 10 mpg

·
Registered
567 Posts
hmmm.... seeing as how I get 14mpg out of a 350hp 350ci chevy motor in my 1970 C-10 pickup with a 3 speed I doubt you would get less than that in a z31. Especially if you tied that motor to a t56 transmission or something cool like that.

·
Registered
397 Posts
the ford advantage in this swap is that the dist. is in the front. they can be just as powerful as the small chevs. chevy advantage is you can buy alot of the parts already prefabed.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Here's my advice..

Figure out your goals with the car.. How much HP do you want, or how fast do you want to go?

Are you aiming for drag racing, auto cross, drifting, or just driving to and fro at your leisure?

Will you daily drive it, and if so, are you concerned about gas prices, insurance costs, maintenance, etc...

Remember that planning is more important than anything else that goes into your car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.