ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would NEVER go this far with this car.... Its funny, I was looking thru some old posts, and found this. .Author: 88hybrid
Date: May 1, 2002 11:06pm

I saw your post and I have been going through the very thing you are asking about! I have an 88, N/A It is now a "Japanees Domestic Market" JDM VG30ET installed into it. I have every mod other than going thru the block. All fuel systems are upgraded,exhast and the list is long. Obviously, Money is an issue as well is time,and since later a big turbo is must, I will save for a stand alone system, I the mean time I wanted to save and try to run the factory ecu, with stock turbo injectors. (177 compared to 255), and I have succesfully done that up to 13 lbs of boost with an intercooler, and has been running for some time,reliably. I use a Feild SFC, (Simple fuel computer) which was about $200. This unit will lean or richen the fuel mixtre ratios at all rpms, plus some other nice options. Then, ( to finally answer your question) I had to adjust the air meter and lean that signal so it would not dump so much at boost lag time, Works well but is sort of crude and requires a bit of tuning but the adjustment is a very slight touch of that screw! Good Luck Z ya.

Wow .. I thought it was funny does not seem that long, but this build has taken 4 years. WOW agian :)

Wanted to thank all of you for the comments and support so far, and I hope my car continues to inspire. I CANT STOP

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
:)

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
three years of hard work will pay off at the end, you're so close now you can actually see the light at the end of the garage door ;-)

you've done some VERY VERY VERY inspiring work, for me at least, and you know Kevin everytime I need something I call you or send you an email :)
which means a lot of respect to what you've done with your car, and wish mine was half of how clean and fast yours is, but someday I'll catch up :)

keep up the good work friend.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Agreed - You and your build have been very inspiring and you have done a fantastic job with it. I think the shocking thing is that you have completed everything in only 4 years!

One of these days when I can scratch a few coins together I probably be bothering you with phone calls and emails about the process you went through in choosing and installing your JDM in what was an N/A at one point.

Congrats man - you have come a long way and we are glad you can't stop! :)

·
Registered
662 Posts
Man, one day I'll reposting the threads I've posted in the last couple of months & saying

'Ha, ha, I remember those days... I didn't know sh!t back then'

Keep up the good work Kevin and if it's any consolation to ya...
I cant stop either!
(then again, I've hardly started)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
"I can't stop"---Sh!t, I wish I could even start. What you are doing to your car is getting me excited about my car. I hope to achieve what you hav done. You have started with a nonturbo, which was your main obstacle, my obstacle is that mine is a daily driver.....Fortunately I have a spare block that I can build out of my car, then drop it in when I'm done (in a "few" years..) Keep up the great work man.

·
Registered
632 Posts
yea, i cant wait till you get it back on the road. it was a beast before, and i can only imagine what it goin to be like. it'll never be as good as the "smokey brick" but it'll be close ;)

·
Registered
373 Posts
88hybrid
whenever I have a question about these cars I feel good knowing I can come here and post it and eventhough I get flamed sometimes because of the way I posted it I know true z fanatics like you will always come through and truthfully answer even my stupid questions . I know my z will never match your but it feels good knowing there is someone even more fanatic about these cars than I am .

Keep up the good work....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.