ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got through ordering about $400 worth of parts to go towards finishing up my Z. Spent the last few hours getting pricing using my handy dandy Parts catalog and Nissan Parts Dot Com (www.z-club.com). If you don't know about them they have an online instant pricing system for all Nissan parts. You do have to know the part number, though. That's where the factory parts book comes in handy. Look in the links section of this forum for the source where I got mine. It's a thick book with copies of all the original Nissan parts Microfiche for your car. great for exploded view as well. Nissan Parts Dot Com pricing blows the others out of the water on original Nissan parts. Unless you are buying aftermarket suspension parts or one of the few reproductions available parts you will be better off staying away from the two mentioned sources. An even better source I know of is Coutesy Nissan in Richardson, Texas. They are one of the 10 Z-Stores that were selling the factory restored Z cars. They have one of the largest stock of original z parts in the country. They are a distributor for ZTherapy's restored SU setups as well. They give a 25% discount off of list price for z club members. You can even join their z club at no charge to get the discount. Here's an example of the pricing:

Outside rear view mirror for 240z
Tweeks: $107.40
Victoria British: $99.95
Motorsport: $82
Nissan Dot Com: $65.62
Courtesy: $61.52 (with Discount)

Not too hard to see who I like. Coutesy and Nissan were pretty evenly matched as far as pricing, but since I live close to Courtesy I can just drive over pick up the parts (most of them will be in stock) and save the cost of shipping. Plus I can see what I am getting. Good Luck. I'm sure this info will help some of you out as save you a bunch of money and hassle.
greg
71 240z

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>RE: For those who hate VB and Motorsport Auto</

Greg,
Thanks for that eye-opening information. I'll be checking with Nissan a lot more on parts for my '82ZX from now on. Hope you are involved in the witness protection program. Say hi to Salmon Rushdie when you go into hiding.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE: For those who hate VB and Motorsport Auto</

John wrote:
-------------------------------
Greg,
Thanks for that eye-opening information. I'll be checking with Nissan a lot more on parts for my '82ZX from now on. Hope you are involved in the witness protection program. Say hi to Salmon Rushdie when you go into hiding.

You do need to find a dealer that gives club discounts. The stock Nissan list price is just as high as anybody elses. The thing is that besides the internal engine parts and the like nobody is reproducing any parts for our cars. When you buy stuff from Motorsport it comes in a Nissan box. They just do all the part number crossovers and the like for you. Plus it's easier to look it up in a catalog with pictures if you don't have a friendly dealer. That's why I like courtesy so much. They have most of the stuff in stock and I can see it on the spot. Or they can look at it for you, and they will. Try to get the sales person from VB to go get a box and tell you exactly what is in it. If I didn't mention it Courtesy's discount is 25% off list on parts and 10% on labor. Whoever you deal with, ask what discounts are available, mention club memberships, etc. No reason to pay list price.
greg
71 240z

P.S.: On one of the parts I was going to order from Courtesy I didn't know the difference between two part numbers listed in the parts book. They couldn't tell either, so they are going to order both and get back to me next week and tell me exactly what they are. Pretty nice, huh?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Greg-
Thanks for the information. I just moved to Ft. Worth from Lubbock and have always suspected that their had to be a better source for getting parts at a reasonable price. Could you post a little more information about the Courtesy z-club? How to join, are there meetings and if so, how often?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kordon '83 ZX wrote:
-------------------------------
Can you give me the link for the Nissan part number catalog? I looked thru the links, but couldn't find it.

thanks

You have to buy the book. I think it was about $25. Money very well spent. Looks like it is only for the 240, though. Don't know if anybody has one for the other models. I remember seeing the same thing on cd rom, but don't know if it was available for the 280 either.Anybody know? the link was http://members.aol.com/datsunzcar/catalog
greg
71 240z

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>Try NOPI</b>

I was a die hard Motorsports fan until I checked the selection at NOPI. Good quality stuff and they are cheaper. You cant get the specialized Z stuff, but for headers engine parts and body kits I think they are the way to go.

Craig76Z

·
Registered
403 Posts
RE: Try NOPI

I dunno but I have heard some horror stories about NOPI. I did however send an email to the Motorsport email addy on their site addressing several complaints I had and found out some interesting info from greg (who I believe is one of the owners) and he informed me Motorsport *will* match prices if you bring it up. Also he said if the people on the phone aren't telling you what you want to hear then to escalate it and they will make it right (though I have yet to test either of these policies out) I think you just have to avoid their frontline people and you're ok. I will probably give them another chance, but if they screw up on me again, that's it, I'll go sell my body on the corner and buy it at the dealer if I have to.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts

does NOPI have a catalog or something i'd like to order one or any telephone number or contact site?
thanks
yuichi

·
Registered
107,695 Posts

I had a problem when I ordered thier T/C rod kit ( the alum & teflon), Anyway I called with questions about it. They did not have the answer but they took my number went and put one together and called me back 2 hours later with the answer. The only ones I have had a problem with is BV (sent wrong exhuast system)
Rob,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.