ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That my intake does not fit under the hood I took a series of shots, so hopefully you can understand, and see that it was NO BIG deal.

In order to do this I needed Motor Mounts. I found these in a 4x4 shop, and talked them into giving them to me for $5! I will cut the center rod shorter so the motor rests on urithane, Nice! and what, the 2" in needed!

Just for kicks, I RAISED the engine about a half an inch for this pic, the motor rests lower than this. But all the rest of the pics are with the motor in this higher position. It will clear even more with mounts intalled.

hood down, laying under car

side shots, Clears the hood quite nice I'd say!! See how the intake nose follows the hood line? Pays to measure!

Notch I made to clear the throttle arm thru the t-belt cover.

modifications to hood (vents dont aid in clearance at all)

I was determined to get a taller even height intake under the hood of this car. So if you still doubt it fits, ...........?

Post Edited (Aug 22, 10:47pm)

·
Registered
65 Posts
GOOD STUFF. you cant hear me claping but i am

·
Registered
53 Posts
hey kevin, these people obviosly dont know you, or know the lenths to which you go to make sure all your sh!t is right the first time. anyone doubting you or your tech skills, really should take a closer look at what you've accomplished already, then all they will doubt is if they're car is worthy to sit in the same parking lot as yours. hehehehe. no but really, 88hybrid has too many hours measureing ,fitting ,looking ,and mocking up all his custom creations. he really is quite anal about the way his **** is done, cant wait till he starts on my car!!!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Looks real sweet!

completion is near!
(or is it?)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.