Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just wondering,
What kind of magazine is the Zcar magazine? Is it one of those magazines with long articles and mostly black and white pictures, or is it more like maybe a Hot Rod magazine with lots of glossy color pictures? Shamefully, I go for the glossy picture type, only after I can look at the car and drool do I really like to read about it. How many issues are there per year, and how much does it cost?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> Hey just wondering,
> What kind of magazine is the Zcar magazine?

This issue has 64 pages bigest ever i think. It's got some great color pics and some B&W, It has a few tech articles, some readers rides, and they just started (Last issue I think) putting in other classic datsuns, 510's, 1600 and 2000 roadsters.

> how many issues are there per year, and how much
> does it cost?
It used to be out every three months but now it is supposed to be every other month. It has a new owner and He got off to a bad start. Now that he has some new people working with him he says that there should be better pics and articles. and no more late issues I hope.
I think that the news stand price is 4.99 in the states. And subcriptions are 20.00 a year. Go to zcarmag.com and check out their home page you can print out a subsciption card.
Anyway thats as much as I can think of.
Rob,

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
> Hey just wondering,
> What kind of magazine is the Zcar magazine?
> Is it one of those magazines with long
> articles and mostly black and white
> pictures, or is it more like maybe a Hot Rod
> magazine with lots of glossy color pictures?
> Shamefully, I go for the glossy picture
> type, only after I can look at the car and
> drool do I really like to read about it. How
> many issues are there per year, and how much
> does it cost?

I currently get Z Car and Classic Datsun Magazine. I do not plan to renew my subscription. Delivery has been spotty at best, and I think I spent five minutes looking at the current issue before putting it aside. I may read some of the articles later, but you would think that a Z car enthusiast wouldn't want to put the magazine down. The magazine doesn't offer too much more than the internet web sites, IMHO.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! That's pretty much what I wanted to know. I get Mopar Muscle (for my Dodge enthusiasms) and it rocks but I've seen other Mopar magazines that stink. I didn't want to end up getting a stinky Z magazine. Thanks for being honest!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
I did say thet there was a new owner of the mag, And yes they have had some problem getting the last few issues out on time. Marc Sayer, the new owner says that he has this problem fixed. I for one am going to give him the chance to make it. I have conversed (e-mail) with him and told him that changeing the format from Z-car to Z-car and classic datsun has made us (Z car owners) a bit upset. I understand why he did it though. It's a volume business and with incresed volume he can make this a better and more frequient mag. One more thing, At this time this is the only mag that has any info on the Z Car. Unlike Mopar chevy and the others.

·
Registered
8 Posts
A stinky Z magazine would be better than no Z magazine.
Do you actually need advise from someone before you go out and get a magazine?
Mind boggling.
Lurking & lovin' it!

The Shadow

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
> Thanks! That's pretty much what I wanted to
> know. I get Mopar Muscle (for my Dodge
> enthusiasms) and it rocks but I've seen
> other Mopar magazines that stink. I didn't
> want to end up getting a stinky Z magazine.
> Thanks for being honest!

Better than taking my opinion, you can order a single issue from certain places. I think Courtesy Nissan will sell you an issue. Look for their website

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.