ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes HRE rims are expensive but they are not astronomical.

HRE's 20 x 11 inch rims are 1200 per making them yes 5000 for the set but 17 x 7's are only 700 per making them 2400 for set

still more but not astronomical

refrence:

www.huntleyracing.com/rims.htm

·
Registered
29 Posts
my experience with HRE

i had some HRE 18" 647 rims ordered for a late model chevy S-10. the company said they had only made rims for this application once before so it would be a custom order, even though the S-10 is listed in their application guide. they claimed they had access to the proper dimensions and guaranteed the wheels would fit no problem, and with the stock wheel studs. they said i would have the order in five weeks. long story short, it took three tries and 6 months for them to make the front rims fit, and then i had to buy longer studs. far cry from five weeks. the rims are also not as strong as i was led to believe. i was told by the factory the wheels were the strongest available for the street. my 3-piece panasports are probably twice as strong, for half the price. anyway, the rim halves were slightly bent within a few weeks, just from normal driving.

these are beautiful rims, no doubt, but the customer service at HRE is terrible. it's often impossible to get someone on the phone. i was lied to several times about my order status. three times they said the wheels had been shipped and i'd have them in three days. i would wait for a week and nothing would arrive. i would call and they wouldn't answer their phone. when they did, i would get a song and dance about something going wrong with the manufacturing process. i would hear nothing from them for weeks. like i said, it took 6 months to get the wheels.

i don't know if i'm a unique experience or what, because i've never met anyone else with HRE rims. i heard of a local guy ordering rims for a vette without any hassles, but i believe vettes and porsches are their most popular applications. but all of the porsche owners i know buy Fikse wheels.

i'll never buy anything from this company again. i don't mind so much if a company makes a few mistakes, but don't lie about to me, it only makes things worse.

Casper

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Factory stock 6 spokes are 14 x 6, weigh less than anything else, and cost me 12 per making them yes 48 for the set.

Fastest and cheapest, how can you lose?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.