ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok as far as i have gathered the stock head on my76 280Z is the N42 which has square exhaust ports. The p90 head also has square (?) which leads me to believe that an exhaust manifold from a p90 can be bolted to an N42, is this true?? and another couple of Q's: does the stock 76 L28 have dished pistons?, and if it does can i just use a thicker head gasket to lowe the compression ratio?
thanx for any input!

Steve
'76 280Z

· Registered
506 Posts
one thing

the P90 head is the turbo head and unless you want to turbo charge your engine the exauhst manifold won't work for you. OK a couple of things, if the pistons are dished then you are going to have a very low compression with the P90 head like 6.4:1 (I'm not sure about this number but I think it's close). If you then put a thicker head gasket on to lower compression you're not going have enough compression to run the engine. The P90 head with flat pistons runs 7.4:1 compression for the turbo charged 82 and 83 280zx

Nick

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: one thing

my goal was to bolt the turbo manifold to the N42 head, but i thugt the stock compresion ratio was higher than it really is that is why i was curious about the thicker head gasket. but you gys answered my q's to help with my project. thanx
Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.