ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading in Turbo and they have a 2 part article on compression vs boost. Well, they were mentioning the effects of different pistons, head shapes etc. Reading about a few of the cars in there, hondas or Mitsu's of course, with four valves, but some are running 10:1 even 11:1 (one car was) and using boost in the 24psi range! First, i wasn't sure this could be done, but basically they have a Spearco water to air intercooler (nice and small too), no water injection, and a turbo. Any ideas on this. The shape of the P79 and P90 combustion chambers are ideal in a way, being the half a clover shape. I am NOT doing this yet, putting a turbo on a car with that kind of compression, but I would like thoughts on the matter. Also, exhaust manifolds, why does everynbody use the stock turbo manifold. My thought was making a custom round manifold and using a ported, exhaust liner removed p79 head. The problem I could forsee would be the tuning length of the header, but that can be guessed fairly acturately for an initial basis. Just some thoughts right now, i am a POOR college student, but eventually...(I have been known to take things and make them completely other things through welding and imagination).
Joshua L.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.