ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done replacing my burnt out fog lights with a pair of sylvania silverstars, when I pulled up to my garage the fog lights were above my headlights, is that normal?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its not the height that I am comfortable with, I was wondering if that height was normal, or if they are "supposed" to be aimed lower

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
Aiming
Fog lights should be aimed straight ahead and level, or down a few degrees. For really severe weather, aim them down lower and give up the longer distance. In that situation, you don't need them to go 600 feet down the road, since you can only see 60 feet.

A wide pattern with the light aimed straight ahead will give you some light off to the sides for cornering. So some people, whose prime concern is cornering light, will aim their fog lights so they spread apart off to the sides, pointed away from each other, to increase the off-the-road light. This will increase the amount of side light from the outside part of each light. But it will decrease the light in front of the car, and thus the distance they go straight down the road in front of you. -vclassics.com

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no, take the turn signals out, and then undo the 3 nuts on the back of the fog light. It should just push right out the front from there, dont forget to unhook the wireharness. Remove the four screws and the clip that is holding down the bulb

·
Registered
6,813 Posts
Here's a good posting on how to

aim them again...

<http://www.zcar.com/forums/read.php?f=3&i=178151&t=178062>

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
****, i was just about to post that.

·
Registered
6,813 Posts
Well I have an inside edge -- I know that author very well!

;-) LOL....

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
i parked my car facing my garage but back about 30 feet i aimed my headlights to where iwanted them then stuck my foglights to be about 2 inches on the garage below the headlights. i can see as wide as the road + some, and the light is just high enough to light up any signs/reflective material/see very far but not blind other drivers. i am happy with it... just do something like that and set them where you're happy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.