ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so who should i buy from. Unorthodox or Fidanza. Fidanza is cheaper but is it better or just as good. also how good are the upgraded ECUs. not the ones by JWT but the one that are stock that are modded. Im lookin for a new ECU b/c i have an 85 and some of the guys said if u put a 87-89 model ECU in the car it helps and fixes the low idle at start up. I also need a new flywheel cause mine is wharped and its starting to shimmy in first and reverse. thanks. if those listed above arent that good then what are soome other ones.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
They're both good for the money. I would go with Fidanza but I really haven't heard anything bad about either of them.

Have you thought about getting your stock flywheel lightened?

Take it too a machine shop and ask them to take some of the extra "meat' off. I think stock is 20lbs so you can probably take 7 or 8 lbs off before it gets too light.

Don't waste your money on a JWT or other ECU if you're not going to do the 3 or 4 bar package.

Just get a normal 87-89 NA ecu and see if that helps.

Are you just getting a new flywheel or are you going to get a new clutch to match up with it/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.