ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have to flush them at the same time? I just flushed the brake about 2-3 months ago, but not the clutch yet. I've been noticing that my clutch is working differently...not sure if it's after the brake flush - but it's harder to engage in first gear, almost like engaging too slow. 1st to 2nd is a little weird, but 2 and higher gears are ok...Had no problems before.

When do people usually adjust the clutch? Would that help?

I will flush the clutch soon.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
they are two completely different systems and have nothing to do with each other. . .you can flush either one and it won't make a difference in the other. You could try adjusting the clutch, but a bit more detail on your problem might help. Also, how old is the clutch?? The clutch may need replacing, or the bearing. Changing fluid to mt-90 could help, new clutch fluid could help. Lots of possibilities.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Just to clarify Haulnazz15's post. If you're experiencing hard shifts, then it may be time to replace the fluid inside the transmission with Redline MT-90. You can also replace the fluid in the clutch. Use standard brake fluid (DOT 4) for the clutch hydraulics. When I first read the post I thought that he was recommending MT-90 in the clutch.

There could be many factors that could be causing your shifting problem, but the first steps would be to verify clutch peddle adjustment and then make sure your fluids are clean. Keep in mind that the temps are a bit colder now and the fluids in the trany are a little thicker as a result. The thicker fluid, especially if it's very dirty, will make the trany shift a little harder. Do the easy stuff first before you start tearing into your clutch.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Been busy all day. It's hard to describe the problem, but I don't like the way it is now :p

My car is all stock and it has 68,100 miles on it. A shop did my 60K service and I don't think they would do the transmission or clutch, right?

Hm....when I put into 1st or 2nd gear, the car would jerk more than before...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.