ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Muffler repair repair time last week. Was 2" exhaust w/ glass-pack pre-muffler and wrong flowmaster muffler tagged on. Pipe broke at glass-pack weld. Wrong flowmaster was side-in/side-out. Needed center-in/side-out style.

Upgraded to 2-1/4" pipe, no pre-muffler, and 2-1/4" Flowmaster '40' No. 942442. (The number for the 2" version is No. 942042. First 9 in number is new style, old style without the 9 is almost the same, the man tells me.) Stock exhaust manifold and 2" downpipe, expanded to 2-1/4" after downpipe bend.

'Rick and Sonny's' Escondido, CA gets thumbs up for nice installation, good price, too! Don't mind paying for work like that.

BIG power boost !! Didn't expect that at all. :-D

Noise is a bit loud, especially in alleys. Bit of a raspy tone at times, but has a respectable snarl at full throttle and pleasant tone under cruise.

Later all!

Al

·
Premium Member
40,978 Posts
Escondido, EH?

That's just as close as Orange County for me...
Maybe I'll go there instead of ElCajon.
Do those guys do mandrel bending?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Escondido, EH?

Unfortunately, not mandrel bent. Too bad. From difference in performance noted, mandrel bends probably would have helped even more.

Later. Al

·
Registered
183 Posts
phone number for Escondido?

I need a flowmaster too, I looked them up in the Summit catalogue, very cheap...how much did you pay for the muffler with install? I live in San Diego, so it wouldnt be a problem to drive on up...thanks---loud

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: phone number for Escondido?

Rick & Sonny's
240 N. Broadway (just south of Valley Pkwy westbound).
Escondido, CA

760-743-1541

Charged $233 for parts ($110 muffler, $60 pipe and tip, and $50 labor).

If I recall, Rick does the muffler part of business. Other part is paint-ball guns & paraphenalia.

He said he could get mandrel prebent sections to build pipe out of. I think this would be ok, cause you mostly need two 90 degree bends for by the axel, and he does nice welding. Probably be best to find a shop that could mandrel bend the entire pipe so you'd have minimal welds.

-------------- Al

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.