ZCar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1973 240Z
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents, I would like to connect the flow guide valve up after my motor swap. I understand how it works, my concern is with the line that (used to go) to the intake. I am now turbo-ed and I’m worried about the part of the flow guide cycle where the valve allows the crankcase vapors to be drawn into the motor after start-up. If I connect at the intake prior to the turbo, the motor would be pulling gas-charged crankcase vapors through the hot turbo. I don’t want to connect downstream from the turbo because then the flow guide would see positive pressure at the intake from the turbo. Need to find the right place to put this line!

what’s your take on this?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Edit: I’m not sure how/where the tank vent connects/vents to the crankcase.

I would route the crankcase vapors to the intake via the PCV valve like most everything else is set up. This is how my WRX is. You can use good catch can, or oil/air separator set in between if you want.

I guess if you wanted to wild you could even run the line trough a small oil cooler placed where it would get airflow. I don’t think I’ve seen anyone do this but someone probably has.

Also, I just pulled the intercooler off my high mileage WRX earlier today to see if I had oil collecting in it and it was surprisingly clean and I do not have a catch can or separator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts