ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a 79-83 ZX with original floormats. Please Help, I think I have found originals but am not sure. If some could run out and get the Part # from either side I could possibly match them up. I need a reference of some type. Mine are Black with carpet and about 1inch of rubber around the whole florormat and in the middle is a Whitish grey square about 3 inches by 3 inches with a black Z in the middle. They are marked 280ZX right side and 280ZX left side with a part number on the bottom back. Could someone verify thier info for me I would be greatful!!!!

Rik

· Registered
1,779 Posts
Possible dealer ad-ons???...aftermarket accessories???...I am still trying to compile a list of Z-Car accessories...Dealer or aftermarket...and it is a vast
land of confusion!!!!...so far old car acc. catalogs are the best source...and people
(God bless 'em) are the least reliable!!!...seems that "memories" tend to get fogged up by ol' Father Time...my guess (!!) on your floormats is aftermarket...but then what do I know???...but I WOULD like to know what the answer really is!!!

· Registered
748 Posts
I bought my 79 from the original owner; cherry condition. I didn't ask him about them, but it came with floor mats that have about a 1" rubber border on them, with some funky circle/traingle design in the middle. The carpeting in the middle is far from the plush stuff you find on today's mats.
Anyway, the thing is, I didn't think they were original, but I saw an ebay ad with a 13,000-mile 280zx (in other words, pretty much mint) for auction, and it had the same mats as mine, but in a tan color. I dunno anymore... In any event, Motorsport Auto's mats are VERY nice, so I replaced mine anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.