ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on one of my cars there is a pretty rusted out floor panel with fairly large hole on the passenger side. what would be the easiest way to patch that? someone had suggested riveting it, seeing as the rivets would be covered by the carpeting, what do you think of that? just let me know, thanks

· Registered
5,716 Posts
I got a Z car from a guy who bondo'ed cardboard to the rusty floor, which you also couldn't see under the carpet. The correct way to do it is to cut the rusty floor out and weld in a new one. The least correct way is the method I just mentioned. Anything in between will work, too. Depends on how good a job you're willing to settle for.

· Registered
1,351 Posts
If it is just a hole or two I would not bother with a new floor and rail. That is drastic. Just takeit to any bodu shop (take out the rugs first) and ask them tio weld it. They will weld in a pice of 1/16" steel. It will be good as new..

· Registered
42 Posts
i had the same problem but the body shop wanted 400 dollars for a 6 by 2 hole so I went to sears and bought a arc welder for 250 welded it myself not only saved money but now I have a welder its also very easy to weld the floor since you can be sloppy cause of the carpet that covers it and the sheet metal you can get at a hardware store good luck and do it yourself!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.