ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a flat tire today on my 300tt everything gone fine.(BUT) While I was putting on that little pair tire on . I wondering if I would have had a brake and rotor up grade if that pair tire would have fit?

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
in the case of bigger brake rotors, a tire patch kit is probably a better idea. coupled with a small 12V air compressor, you can leave the spare at home! the downside is that if you have a real blowout or tire shredding, then tire plug kit won't be of any help. then you call AAA or a tow truck

·
Registered
14,442 Posts
if you have a blowout on the front with bigger rotors,switch a rear wheel to the front and put the donut on the rear.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
that all sounds good, but when you're stuck out on a road, thats gonna be a PITA to jack it up with the scissor-jack, take off the rear wheel, put the doughnut on, then go jack up the front end with that retarded jack, pull off the blown tire, put the rear tire on. Another problem is if you have wider rear rims than fronts, would make for an interesting fit with 275's on the front.

·
Registered
14,442 Posts
i HAVE been stuck on the road.in freezing weather in Colorado with summer clothes on.in Utah with 1/8th tank and 170 miles from a gas station.in Nevada changing a slave cylinder with that scizzor jack.in Georgia after shredding a tire at 130+.

you will do what you have to when you have to.there are some places
-where cell phones dont work
-where all the tow truck drivers are inbred
-where you will die because of the heat

before call a wrecker,i will change 2 tires around in the freezing rain

and FYI,275s will fit up front.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.