ZCar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I bought a 1986 300zx a few weeks ago thinking it needed a new control arm and come to find out the tortion bars and the part of chassis it connects to are damaged. I've searched high and low for the parts to replace it but sadly it says they've been discontinued and now I'm stuck not knowing what to do. Any advice would be appreciated

·
Registered
168 Posts
Check the salvage yards. I use car-part.com to find salvage yard parts. Places that all you to pull your own parts have great prices. Unfortunately Z31s are getting hard to find.

By the way, torsion bar??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, sorry for the typo. I ended up buying a repair book and I'm not sure exactly what part I need to replace that they hook up to in the front. Will load pics for reference

·
Registered
168 Posts
You need to take a good look at the under side of your car. How bad is the rust? I am used to seeing rust in some of the low places in the back of the car, but this looks bad to me. Other opinions?

If you are getting serious about this Z31 thing, you will need the Factory Service Manual (FSM). This is the standard repair text everyone references.

As for suspension parts, you are probably talking about the tension rods.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts