ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took my first real ride in my Z31 (after injector work and new clutch, been sitting in my yard for months) and all I can say is WOW.

I'm hooked.

·
Registered
124 Posts
You didn't feel anything till you've driven a Twin turbo Z.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think i stand by what i said.. you haven't experenced ANYTHING till you've driven a TwinTurbo Z.

Nice Z 88hybrid!!.. What do you do in the quarter?.. did u give her a dyno pull yet?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
My TT was fast, but didnt pull near as hard as my Z31. Both of which were modified. Havent run it in Quater, or Dyno. But it had enough power to break the lower end. I am in process of getting ready for an "INSANE" Lower end Build. I am considereing changing rod lengths, as to alter the Rod Ratios, increasing the ability to rev higher RPMS than any other VG30ET Ive heard of. I am shooting for 8000rpm. Full Forged internals, Blueprinted, and Balanced. OH... my wife is going to really be mad!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hybrid: I don't know if I'd put that much work (100-250hp) into this engine simply for the fact that it's really old, but I have considered swapping in a low mileage engine and inquiring about some of your turbo piping fabrication projects. I really appreciate someone who can put some real work in and pay attention to details. Keep us posted on your plans (if any) for selling those turbo mount kits.

Black: have you run a quarter in the 32? If it's black in color than I really am envious, a black TT has always been on my list of top 10.

·
Registered
185 Posts
VG30 motors are tanks mine had 140k on it bottom end completly untouched and I made the numbers listed in my Sig. I drove it to and from the track about 10 times and did a few Highway runs in the 2 months I had it running and I didnt break a thing in the motor. jason84na2t on z31.com has over 200k on his motor and he is still putting down around 400HP also.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mines quickly approaching 200k, i just like the idea of having a less-worn motor as my base. i would rather know the history of what's been done to my car and how it was treated...this made me a little wary:

I don't know how much boost they ran or how hard they drove the car, but I can tell you that no grandma puts an AVC-R on a car. I can only hope for the best.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think if you have 100k on your block -perfect ,all the factory and building stress is of now ..... time to start modifying it
I mean the engine has already been srough all the stages off it's expantion so it feels fine now.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Don't get me wrong.. I own a Z31! They are very beautiful and fast cars! I would pick one over my z32 any day!
But I was looking for something that could perform; my TTZ could pretty much give any z31T a run for its money. Z32's are ugly, but with the right cosmetic face lift it can look pretty wicked!.

But if you want a mild performing car with the right styling, a 87-89 Z is the car!

84-85 Z's are FUGLY!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
* also.. Sure you can make numbers like hybrid, but keep in mind most of the parts on his engine are fabricated.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
News Update:

The idiots that changed out my #1 injector cut one of the coolant lines just under the intake manifold collector. Not a little nick, it was cut in HALF. They're fixing it today, but I was racing around on zero coolant for at least part of the day yesterday. I'm praying that my headgasket is still okay, otherwise i'm going to tear out their livers and feed them to them. Well, at least the moron who cut the line. Plus they'd be paying for my complete rebuild with no expense spared, in my opinion that is completely fair. Should teach them not to fawk around and pay attention to what they are doing.

Yes, I take my Z very seriously.

P.S. You hurt my 84's feelings, it's not THAT ugly :(

·
Registered
861 Posts
With the swap done, there are VERY few cars on the planet I would part with my Z31 for...

Nobody else really gets it, but every once in a while I run into another Z owner or a former Z owner and they always get it.. heh...

I've driven first gen turbo's, Z31T's, Z32TT's, and ridden in a Z33TT, and out of all of them, I love my Z31T the best. Z32's are sexier, first gen's have a more muscle car feel and look.. I don't like the Z33's, so I will just leave it at that. But something about the Z31 just sets it aside from other cars.

Thanks Nissan.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
omg i want to ride in your striaght 6 z31. that sound must be so nice

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.