Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
77 280

Alright. I have some issues with my firing. The car runs really rough at idle, and has absolutely no throttle response. It backfires as well. Just replaced the plugs and have decent wires. The injectors are all working. Newish dizzy cap and rotor. This diagram of the firing order, does not work in my car. It just wont fire period. Just puffs out the exhaust. When we move the wires one position in the clockwise position, (which is how it was set when i bought the car,) is when it starts and runs rough. When we disconnect any 1 of the spark plug wires, it then only misses on 1 or 2 cylinders, but still has no throttle response.

Please, Someone help!

Tony

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I'm an idiot. I took a look at the new dizzy that I ordered, and it turns out it's a dual point. Luckily I hadn't installed it. But, low and behold, the cap and rotor are completely different from the stock ones. I switched it all over, and Walla, it ran nearly fine. Still missing on a few cylinders. After inspecting the cap and rotor, I find tracers. I need a new cap and rotor. So, hopefully my woes will almost be over. Any input on this is greatly appreciated.

Tony

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
........and after you replace the cap, etc., set the ignishun timing from scratch.....

Sounds like you're running a little too far advanced.......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.