ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I thought I had fixed everything and took it for a test drive.. wouldn't you know it I blew the wheel cylinder on the opposite side. So I pulled an early style master cylinder out of a 75 and slapped it in, replaced my wheel cylinder rubbers, and installed new shoes, after cleaning all the brake fluid off of everything.

I had a combo of problems throwing me in different directions. I had no front brakes because the master cylinder had a bad seal for the resivour closest to the firewall. My wheel cylinders needed cleaned out and they were over extending because of worn shoes. So I flushed the intire system again untill I was sure it was clean. Like 2 quarts of dot 3. So now I have good brakes.

As a note I would like to state this.. I forgot to properly tighten the star wheel the first time I assembled and still had no usable brakes. So I had to take everything back apart to get them properly adjusted.

Ray
 
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top