ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what the intrest might be in getting fiberglass hoods.
I am considering getting a mold made of mine and getting some produced but I would need to get an idea of intrest before I start such a project.

Please email me your intrest..

kyle
http://zdriver.com
http://strictlyz.com

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
i would, then i wouldn't have to worry about rust, how much would they cost? how much would shipping be? does any one else make them?

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
smoothline.com make plain stock ones.

VREng makes a 77-78 style hood with the stock vents and a 2" cowl Induction hood that goes for 300. Works with stock hardware just got to remove springs. Don't have the address here at work but I'll post it tonight if you want to see it... It takes about two weeks and 100 shipping... I'll be ordering my in the next couple of weeks from John...

Z U V8ter

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
There's already several companies that make hoods and fenders most are pretty cheap and it shows in the fit and finish. I want some nice glass fenders and a small cowl hood but I also want them to fit with small consistent body gaps just like the steel.

I'm not doubting that you can do this, please don't take it that way I'm just simply stating my criteria. If you get the mold why not try some carbon fiber I'm positive you could sell some carbon hoods fenders would be nice but pricey. I don't mind paying for quality but I've yet to find it in fiberglass Z parts thats why I have steel fenders that are quietly rusting!

I don't know of anyone who is actually making carbon fiber hoods for the Z although there has been talk of it before.

Matt

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
http://www.reactionresearch.com/automotive.html

Check the Subtle Z Cowl Induction hood out... You custom fit each hood to the car your installing it on, it is left long on the edges so it can be trimmed... Stock latch hold it down. You still have both side vents and a 2" lift which starts about halfway up the bonnet and follows the org hood lines... It is hard to see on his site but if you search hybridz.org you can find one with better views...

Z U V8ter

·
Registered
906 Posts
if carbon fiber could be done for around the current price of carbon hoods that are going on the shitvics and such, then i would be very interested. Ive e-mail somebody about carbon fiber hoods that they were "producing" or looking at getting produced...but never got an answer back, look like just another fantazy. but hey...if it could be done?

-Sparky
72 240ZT

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
smoothline

check out Smoothline under the parts suppliers links. The parts are supposed to bolt up and the hoods will bolt up and us the stock springs. As for carbon fiber that would be great I would definately buy a carbon hood. Granted it would have to be under $600.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.