ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found three cars locally that people are parting out. I want to FI my 72 with the stock setup for now. I have the intake manifold, actually a couple extras, and one air flow meter. Will the older, 76-78, AFM fit and work with the 83 wiring harness? I can get parts from an 83 and a 76. Which setup is better if one? The 76 has fewer components right? Like no O2 sensor. they are both very cheap and I will try to buy both, like $20 for the AFM, wiring, ECU, and most anything else I want reasonably. Mounting in the 72 is another issue. Also, I know that the AMF and ECU are very easy to pull, but what about the wiring harness. Is that hard? What is the easiest way? Does the dash need to come out?
No offense to anybody selling parts, but around here the used part market is VERY cheap from the people in the paper and VERY expensive from the z-car junk yard, Mr. Z. If anybody can not find what they are looking for anywhere else or it is too expensive, let me know and I will look locally.
Thanks for any input on the FI. I also looked at Arizonazcar and the injector connectors are only $30 for 6. Is nissan about the same price, I know MA is pretty expensive on these. I need these for my 83, and probably my 72 when I get that.
Oh, please bear in mind this engine that is going into the 72 is going to be high compression, non-stock cam, and have other goodies on it. This is until I get to turbo it, when I will put a TEC-II on. After I can afford that, great. Until then, stock injection.
Joshua L.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> Thanks for any input on the FI. I also
> looked at Arizonazcar and the injector
> connectors are only $30 for 6. Is nissan
> about the same price,

Nissan dealer here wants $10 each for the FI connecters, Auto Zone has the connectors for $5.95 each...just priced today...but just bare wire ends, no connectors. Looks like Arizona Z Car may be best, I'm going to call Monday and see if theirs have the bullet connectos.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gary,
I just bought some injector connectors. I saw autozones, with the pig tail and they are just a replacement which is fine. I thought a little and went to Foreign Aide here in Alb.. They are a VW parts and service place, I used to go there a lot with my Karmann Ghia. Anyways, they have genuine Bosch connector replacements, WITH a rubber boot (autozones did not!) for $6.90ea. These are an improved design, just push the metal retainer and it opens, no removeing and loosing the retainer. They also are in pieces, you crimp it on your wire, then insert into connector, no pig tail splices. I feel they are very high quality, and much better than original. Just a little info.
Joshua L.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.