ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
word of warning, check your fuel injector connectors, if they are old and broken they will not work correctly. I have a couple that are 8up pretty bad and while driving they move just a bit and interupt the fuel flow that causes a power loss, check them and replace em if they are bad. i need to find a place to get some, do any of youse guys know where to get em? Nissan wants like $15 ea, that kinda sucks, i hear GM ones are cheaper and fit but auto store guys suck and dont carry them unless you order, so you cant do a comparison.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I bought the GP Sorensen brand connectors from AutoZone. Part #800-9213. Each one will have a quick release clip, and about 6" pig tails to attach (solder only! NO CRIMPS) to the stock wiring harness. The connectors do not come with a rubber boot 'cause it is not needed on the connectors. They are the self sealing type. Be sure not to cross the wires in the harness! Each FI wire in the harness will have a numbers printed on the inner insulation. With the help of the FSM, you can trace the wires and test your new connectors via the ecu plug.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I agree on the Sorenson connectors. They were 4.95 ea at Auto Zone. I didn't have to order them...just had to drive to all 5 locations in town...3 here 2 there. I also replaced the cold start valve, thermotime, and ECU temp input with them. It doesn't happen on the Z very often, but these are cheap, easily available, and look good.

·
Premium Member
40,978 Posts
I just bought all 11!

I got mine from MSA, and it was $109 for all 11, including Cal Sales Tax (like 8%) so you can back-calculate that...
These are heavy black plastic, much like the units you get from Bosch in Germany. Not the cheap plastic like the originals.

I agree, solder the harness and cover with some black shrink wrap, and you are good for another 25-30 years!

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: I just bought all 11!

i bought 6 for my injectors only last night, like you guys said, couple here couple there, good thing Jax FL had a couple very close to each other. the GP ones you mentioned are very high quality looking, and they fit tight~ Very nice!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.