ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, well time for my weekly repair question.

What is the name of some good fuel inject. connectors? mine are loose as **** and sometiems slip on an off when i give the car alot of gas ( which really sucks cause the car takes a nose dive )

Anyone know where i can get them and maybe a part number from a store chain? thanks

Question #2 I took out my driver side seat today. And underneith it are 3 connectors. One that goes into the seat ( im assuming its the seat belt sensor). Another one that is multi colored has a lot of wires in and out ( something to do with fuel system? ) and One black plug.

The black one is my problem. Now on the male side of the plug there are many metal connector prongs, on the female side of course there are holes to match up. What is the plug for? The only reason I ask is because its all bent up and when i saw it, it was half way plugged in. Thanks alot!!

P.S. 1982 280zx Turbo =)

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
225 Posts
I recently bought fuel injector connectors at Auto zone they are made my GP Sorsen and the are of very good quality. The auto zone i bought them at had them listed as fuel injector pigtails they might have them listed differently where your located but I doubt the would. IMHO they work great they have a silico seal inside to keep out moisture and the have a metal clip that keeps the tight in place, but this clip is very different than the factory ones, all you to do to remove the connectors is push the clip in a little and thats it.
Just remember to keep your connections straight don't mix the wires up, and BE sure to solder the wires and use heat shrink tube to seal the connections. I got everything I needed at Autozone for about $40.00
BTW you can use these connector for the
coldstart valve, head temp sensor ........ect.
Hope this helps
-J-

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Re: part numbers

Which is much cheaper than you can get the factory replacments.

They are still available at Nissan (Courtesy), If you like the factory look, and have the bucks.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Re: part numbers

You can also try Cophers U Pull It. They had a bunch of 300's and Maximas that had the injector recall done. They all also got new leads put on them from Nissan. You can probably get a whole set for $5! So when do I get to see the car? Our next club meeting is the first Thursday in January. Z ya,
Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.