ZCar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on a 73 240Z and in the need for some decent fenders. I was considering buying them from Zcar Depot but notice that the ones they sell have a warning that they may not be exact replacement and may need some modifications. I was wondering if anyone has purchased these and how much "modification" was needed to get them to fit properly. I'd hate to pay the price and all the high shipping cost and find out they look like **** wen I get done.
On a related note, if anyone has a decent set (or just the L or R) of used ones they'd like to sell, I'd be interested.
Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
867 Posts
While I can't confirm any of what I'm about to say, my guess is they are referring to the screw holes possibly not 100% matching up and not the overall fitment.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I would think the fitment wouldn’t be off so much as it wouldn’t fit, I’m sure it would be close

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Every single new fender that I have ever bought from Nissan was always a perfect fit. If only they were still available. I've installed a few hundred in my time and never once did I ever have a problem with the fenders. The cars would sometimes have an issue usually from being in an accident. The aftermarket ones that zcardepot is selling came from Black Dragon and they don't fit. The curvature is usually off, the bolt holes are sometimes off, and the fit varies from one fender to the next. It's the only new fender that is available though. Personally, I'd rather put on a used original fender than the new aftermarket ones. As long as you don't expect too much, the aftermarket ones can usually be made to work. ZMOW

1 - 4 of 4 Posts