ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some fender flares for my summer project 240ZT. Dinky lip flares wont do it. I was wondering if anyone had any for sale or knew of a good source for them. I have seen the ones at Arizona Zcar and Motorsport Auto. I think I am interested in the IMSA style ones that mototrsport offers, but I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for them(I don't know if I can get them for less). I really liked the ones I saw on Scottie's 240ZT. That's a sweet ride. If your reading, where did you get them Scottie? I to am going for the Ultimate Modified Z :) I envision have wider tires so I can compete with the vettes at the autocross! Not to mention my new car will be turbo charged as well. Yes I am crazy, and so will my Z car be! I have the full race suspension(coil overs/illuminas5way) and the arizona zcar brake setup(4wheel wilwoods...) and the their crazy fiberglass hood and a set of fiberglass fenders. I have seen their full flare fenders that arizona zcar has, but I don't care for the boxy look. I think I like the IMSA ones, but I don't want to shell out the dough if I can get similar ones at a more competitive price elsewhere. Any info or suggestions on this subject would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Tim Deesen
71' 240ZT
73' 240ZT(summer project)
CA "TS 240ZT"

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Actually if you look at the Fuel Cell info that Derek has posted at the beginning you will see the Motorsport flares on the rear of My white 260. They turned out really well, but that was due to the installation. I can send you better pics of the flares...Just ask!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As strange as this might sound, I do not remember. The bodywork and paint on my car was done almost 19 years ago! I also had them on my 71 Scarab-kit V-8 and the only thing I can remember is that were referred to as ZAP. Do not remember if that was an acronym or brand name. They were purchased from the then well established Z club which had a store and shop in NJ. There is another turbo Z here in Orlando that has the same flares and I will try to find out from them. Of course, theirs was installed over 10 years ago so I hope she remembers.

I am a day or 2 from having a large How-to with more pictures posted.

Scottie

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RE: Scottie, please include something about the...

DSM BOV inexpensive conversion we saw on car the other day. Thanks.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RE: Scottie, please include something about the...

It does, with closeup shots and source info. Also has a lttle about SDS and the manual boost controller.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.