ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I was on my way home for work just coasting along on my bike (ninja zx9 the Z was a home sleeping) and out of nowhere comes a 03 or 04 wrx sti. So I just continue to coast along as he starts messing with me tring to get me to run him. I thinking to myself this guys got to be stupid or on drugs. So after about a minute or two he is really getting on my nevers so I down shift to 3rd hit the gas and leave him behind. When I get to about 100 mph I let off and to my supprise he was still there and passes me. So I punch it again to try and catch up but I didnt work out the way I thought it would. I didnt catch him untill I hit around 150+ mph. Afterward I had to give him a thumbs up. I only wish that I had my Z that night, he would have given me a good run sence a havnt racing anyone yet with my Z that has beaten me. Thats not to say that I have the fastest Z. Its just that everyone eles has been slower so far. Anyways I just thought I would share my story with you guys. Z-ya.

·
Registered
252 Posts
yep, those sti's are fast as could be. Now if they didn't look like little boxes, and actually had some sexy curves like our cars, I might be a slight advocate for them.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
you lose cool points for racing your bike at 150mph. . . IN THE DARK!! You're the idiots that give motorcylce riders (crotchrocket especially) a bad name. I'm sure you're the same moron that splits lanes and stunts while going down the highway.

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
9r's aren't bad bikes if you don't mind the weight. One of the heaviest sportbikes every made, great motors though. A stock STI would be decent competition from a 100 roll due to bikes poor high end performance, you would have probably smashed him from a dig or 40 roll.

I've owned a bunch of bikes, I have a suzuki 1200cc bandit type S right now. Rediculous torque and midrange, but above 120mph it isn't any faster than a new 600.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I should be getting a pretty sweet '99 zx7 REAL soon, cheap and completely chromed out already........it's not a 300 but atleast there is a ZX in it :)

and 150 on a bike ain't that bad, try 230 on a Busa

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I never sed that it was dark did I. And NO I dont do stunts or line spiting.

·
Registered
13,644 Posts
Shift_Z - At 150mph it still feels like you have gobs of speed left. You can hit the throttle at 60mph and be at 150 in like 5 seconds--it's so easy it's unreal.

And they're remarkably stable and in their element at high speed--it's definitely not as scary as people make it out to be, especially if you're an experienced rider. The scary part is when you begin to slow down and (rookie mistake) pick your head up at 100+mph. Feels like the wind will blow you right off.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
well you said "last night". . .i can only assume night-time is pretty much universal for it being dark. Yesterday evening might have been a better word choice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.