ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys after restoring and going thru salvage yards and repairing and all the headaches I gots to say UNCLE UNCLE.....It appeared that the smoke from the car is a cracked bearing in the turbo....SO all things considered...

I went to the Mazda dealership and picked up a 2005 limited production MX-5 MazdaSpeed ..Turbo....Orange Mica 17inch wheels racing rims leather interior and a AC unit that works...Not since my Triumph spit fire have I had so much fun...Its a true Roadster and the turbo has just enough extra punch. got 4000 for my 84 Z and a 3000 rebate... I paid 2500 for the Z
and put about1500 back in it so I broke even...

I have enjoyed the banter and info from the site. I do have parts parts parts..interior...No no door panels..motors mirrors plugs coil pak fan clutch I have do inventory....anyone interested I will come back in a day or two after I put about 1000 on the MX-5 racing around town...Looking for the honda heads...

thanks for all the help..and info...good luck with your cars...sorry to go
navbob
once
84 300ZX turbo...tokico shocks greddy turbo timer velox racing wheels zumo tires, Emron paint 95 percent restored...but the AC beat me.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Fan Clutch is brand new in the box....I bought it and my son found a whole fan assembly..so I put it on instead of changing it out because it worked fine...so it is new in the box 20.00 bucks Plus shipping ought to cover it easily.

The car is going to
Corey Fairbanks Mazda in Longwood Fl
400 U.S. Highway 17-92
phone 407-339-4777
sales man's name is Zee Saidi cell 407-808-5392

This car is really cherry...interior is excellent exterior is excellent...
right now the issues are

vacuume or air flow prob in the AC...and Blower..I got it working but I had to bypass the reostat switch in the center control unit to do so.

second issue...smoke.. the debate is either a bearing in the turbo so its replace the turbo....

or valve seal leak... Its a toss up from our discussions... smoke is kind of white...fuel smell to me not oil....but then again its a toss up...It does it more when its cold then after its been run some...Dont know.

Other than that she is really nice...would like to see it go to someone who can appreciate the Z.....

If you call them and ask about it....it would help me...I want to have a wrecker service flat bed it over so as to not do any damage to it...but the cost is high...And if they think they got a buyer...the salesman may have them come and get it.....They gave me $ 4000 for it..but like most down here will take it to auction and sell it at wholesale to some schiester who will sell it on his used car lot for about 3000.. U might be able to get it for wholesale or so..let me know I will check back occationally.
ok talk to you later
bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.