ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a chance to buy a 88 Pearl White Shiro. The car is mint inside and out with 69k on the clock. All the mechanics are 100% including the suspension. Now the asking price is 7,000 fair or not?
MaxDoc

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
id say fair i paid 11k for a fully documented one with 40k....original owner and garage kept and all records

·
Registered
124 Posts
A car is lost without the documentations...

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
is this that one with the pictures of the girls sitting all around it and the UGLY UGLY kalamari front lip? if so its no longer original and you must take that into account in your pricing.

PS if its the original suspension from the factory you will need new shocks soon. trust me on this.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep thats the one....

don't care for the front lip myself. I would most likely have that taken off. I was thinking of offering around $6,500 considering the body work to remove the lip and repaint. I am a bit at a loss as to what to look for in a Z31. I am very familiar with the Z32 so wrenching on the Z31 is not particularly concerning. Could use some advice as to what to look for in particular when inspecting the car closer.
MaxDoc

Post Edited (Oct 25, 12:28pm)

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
yes, <http://www.z31.com> is your bible.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
discussion on z31.com about said car:
<http://z31.com/board/read.php3?id=22591>

what to look for in a Z31:
<http://z31.com/lookfor.shtml>

·
Registered
877 Posts
buy it. you can join the Shiro club with me and sportdriverGT. We have our own private SS meets and we play Scrabble together :p

Yeah but seriously, it's a shame he made so many mods to it already. I know he said he still has all the original parts (probably in poor condition), but would you bother putting them back in? If not, then you might as well consider it just another Z (albeit a nice one).

·
Registered
107 Posts
Re: Yep thats the one....

are you insane? that lip is what distinguishes the shiro from the regular z (apart from the whiteness) visually... with the right sideskirts, you can't beat the look of it :)

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
DeleriousZ wrote:

> are you insane? that lip is what distinguishes the shiro from
> the regular z (apart from the whiteness) visually... with the
> right sideskirts, you can't beat the look of it :)
>

THAT lip isn't the stock SS lip. That lip is the Kaminari lip.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would want to return the ..

car to original condition. That is why I would remove the aftermarket lip.
MaxDoc

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My thinking exactly....

The car is nice but removing the mods and getting the car back in original condition will cost $$. After calling around removal and repaint of the tri coat paint will run anywhere from $900 - $1500 IF the original lip is not damaged.
That said, I think I will offer $6k flat.
MaxDoc

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I agree. If the front lip IS damaged goodluck finding a new one. I had to pay with my frist born for one awhile back. I wonder if they are repairable though....anyone know? it seems to be made out of a foam material.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Personally, I don't like the Kaminari front lip. I think it looks like someone with a huge underbite. And I don't like the stock SS lip either. It's like someone with no chin. The TBO lip looks the best to me. It's about the middle of the other two. Just enough to be obvious, but not so much that it looks like you're shovelling snow.

·
Registered
107 Posts
oooh my apologies peeps.. i didn't see the link to the car, and now i agree with you... that lip is (imo) garbage compared to the stock SS lip... there's another one that i saw on az's site (i think) that looks close to the same as the ss lip... bit more blocky and lower... looks decent, not as good as the SS tho :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.