ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1985 300zx turbo 5 speed. Digital dash. 134,xxx miles.
A/C compressor works but there is no cold air. Heater core has been bypassed.
Engine: starts easy, takes a couple minutes to warm up, runs good.
New timing belt and tensioner, water pump, seals, thermostat, etc in 2003 at 127,xxx miles.
All drive belts and hoses (and I do mean all hoses) were replaced at that time. Brake pads, master cylinder, and one caliper were replaced also along with the clutch master and slave cylinders.
A Maxima 90amp alternator was installed around that time also. TPS, o2 sensor, and CHTS have been replaced within the past 5000 miles.
Oil is always changed at 2000 miles or thereabouts.

No stereo but is wired for an amp.
Certified Muffler 3" turbo back exhaust pipes with 3 "generic cat and 3" Dynomax WLK-17223 muffler.
K&N 8010 air filter with 3" SS pipe.
Gillis MBC set at 9 or so with an Autogage boost guage.
Interior is in fair condition. Dash is beginning to peel and should be replaced for esthetic reason.
Car has been in two collisions. OE turbo hood was replaced with an NA hood. GLL seats were replaced with GL seats. Still looks presentable but would require welding skills and paint to look nice again. The only real rust I know about is where the spoiler seal leaks. The T-tops do leak. I have the shades and bags but there are no buttons to attach the shades to the glass.
Needs new tires.
Registration and inspection are current. I drive it every day. The car has been incredibly reliable and if you have the time, patience and skill it could be made nice fairly easily or used as a beater.
$1000 as it is or $700 w/o the aftermarket parts.

Let the Nigerian scams begin ;)

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
domdogg: Houston. No recent pics but if you click on "my site" in my posts you'll see some from 2003/2004. The car looks pretty much the same except an NA hood has been installed and the bra is gone. The passenger side rear quarter panel was patched w/ bondo. A quarter panel would need to be welded in for a proper repair and the nose needs to be removed and the mounting bracket straightened because some jerk in a parking lot clipped it and pulled it away slightly.

1sikz: No, I don't think the price is too high. Any 300zxt that's been well maintained mechanically, runs/drives well, has a clear blue title, is registered and inspected, and looks decent is worth 1000 bux. If you find a better deal that will be the exception rather than the rule. If it doesn't sell at this price then I'll keep it and fix it up later when I have the time and motivation.

·
Registered
304 Posts
****... if you lived anywhere close to columbia SC id be glad to take it off your hands.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just bought a 85 Turbo with 80K miles, no accidents, A/C works great, interior near perfect (leatehr in great shape) , great tires, fairly good paint (except front clip), everything works,etc. Came with T-top shades, bags, cargo cover, and rear louvers. In other words, get in it and drive. I gave $2200 so I think $1000 is a little high with all the work that one needs.

Bob

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds like you got a good deal Bob but you're comparing apples and oranges. I had an offer of $1000 this weekend from one of the regulars at z31.com but I had to put off the deal due to unforeseen circs. Probably do it two weekends from now unless I change my mind. Again ;) I have to say I'll miss the **** out of this car. It's incredibly reliable and still big fun sometimes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.