ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
79-83 280zx f.s.m. or c.d. thats the queston ?
Sure would like to have the book,but I sure do like the thought of being abel to print one or two pages. does anybody have any thought on this ? Wow much is the f.s.m. vs. the disk ? and Where could I find them ?
Thanks

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
The nicest thing about the CDs is you can get them. I'm like you. I like to have a book in front of me, but if I couldn't get it, I'd go for the CDs. I sort of wonder how easy they are to find stuff in, tho. Factory manuals can be found on eBay, though (depending on the car) they can go for $70 or $80. I paid $83 for my '75 manual a couple years ago. CDs are available from ideal-Z (www.ideal-z.com, although it doesn't seem to be working right now for me) for about $30-$40.

·
Registered
589 Posts
The CD venture is joint Ideal-Z, Courtesy Nissan sells them. www.courtesynissan.com I love mine for my 260 and wish there was one produced for the 71 240, but it has not, as of this date. Ideal Z is planning to produce one on each year Z Car contingent upon availability of factory service manuals from which to produce. It takes money and time and more time as I understand it. But believe me, if it is not yet available, it is worth the wait. Good Luck Ernest

·
Registered
232 Posts
I IMMEDIATELY print up what I am looking for from the CD....the CD rom is great, but having a book infront of you to flip easiy through the pages has it's charm....it's a slight pain trying to follow pages of info from the CD rom, but then again, it's easy to reprint those pages that you spill 2 cups of break fluid on....
chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.