ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1976 280Z and wondered if anyone has purchased the factory service manual CD from Courtesy Nissan. I have the Chilton's book and the factory microfiche but was wondering if anyone could tell me if the FSM offered that much more to justify paying $70.00 for.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
seems to me that a manual on CD can be bought from IdealZ.com for about 35 bucks...I bought one for my 78Z from them...it's great..well worth it!!! :eek:)

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
The answer is YES!!!

The FSM is far better than the Haynes/Chiltons/Clymer, ect... in fact those rags just plain SUCK when compared to the FSM!
The reason the cd-rom FSM is $70.00 and not the usual $49.00 is the '76 year FSM is text searchable.
Believe me, it is well worth the money... if not just for the FI troubleshooting info (in the engine fuel section) and the electrical diagrams for ALL the electrial harnesses (body electric section). Try to find that info in any of the above mentioned books! In fact, the only info on the FI systems is in a supplement at the end of those rags.
$70.00 is really not alot to spend, considering the info the FSM has.
If you can get a copy of the Ztherapy FI tune up video, pick that up too from Courtsey Nissan.

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Re: The answer is YES!!!

You can also watch ebay fro the real thing, they show up there all the time and go between 20-80 it is always nice to have the real thing so you can have it right there when you need it and not running back and forth to print out the next page... Remember these are about 400 pages long with lots of graphics...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.