ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '82zx and I am trying to replace my factory radio with a remanufactured factory radio I found on-line.

There is a seperate radio and cassette unit and I am trying to replace the radio. Casette works fine.

The radio that came out of my car has a round connector that isn't present on the replacement unit that I want to use. Is this the power input? Is there any remedy to this problem?

thanks for any insight you can provide..

Garry 82zx

·
Registered
293 Posts
That means your car radio had wide stereo option which replacement one doesn't. It is not a big deal. You can still use without that connector. There should be an amplifier under the driver seat. You just won't use that anymore.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I hear what your saying buddy but considering the car's radio/cassette player is almost 20 years old, ditch the both of them and replace it with something newer on the market. I just made up a new backing plate and installed a new Sony headunit. I also installed some new 6 inch speakers in the back (in the stock location) and then installed the factory grills back over the top. The whole job looks sweet and sure beats that crappy stock radio/cassette when it comes to sound quality and looks. You can always replace all the old stuff when it comes time to sell the old girl.

Justin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.