ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a 300zx came into the toyota dealership that i work at, and it had a factory radar detector. although im sure these are out of date, and do not work well with the new police technology... i want one. i would like to put one in the shiro.. where can i find this?

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
All radar detectors come from a factory. But no car comes from the automotive manufacturer's factory with a radar detector.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the 300zx radar detector i saw said nissan on it, and the owner said it came with it when he bought it new. any info would be great. i dont know if these could be bought in a new car or not, but i would like to have one

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
it never left the factory with it. it didn't arrive at the dealership with it. and since you don't have any pictures of it, there is no way anyone can help you figure out what it is or where it came from.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its been awhile since ive been online and posted here, and i must be leaving out details or something.. so here we go.

a 87 300zx non turbo coupe came into the toyota dealership last week, and above the steering column ( where my apexi s-afc is if you have seen pics). It plainly says nissan in nissans text on the front, and is mounted securely like it was done right. the only thing i know for sure is that it is from nissan, as it is imprented in the glass.. not just a sticker or something.
regardless of where it came from, i did a search and found another car with one online, and would like to try and get ahold of one. thanks..

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
show us where online. Im curious to see this.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
And maybe I'm not being clear.

1. Nissan did not make, manufacture, or install any radar detectors in any of their vehicles EVER. There are at least 3 states where radar detectors are illegal.

2. Without a picture, no one can help you determine what it is exactly you are looking at. Take a picture of it.

My best guess is that you are looking at a built in unit that was installed either by the dealership or any of the high end aftermarket support companies. Since these cars cost more than most people could afford or were willing to spend back in those days, people who did buy them generally had a few extra bucks in their pockets.

My best guess is you are looking at an older version of one of these:
<http://www.passportsr1.com/srx.htm>

·
Registered
154 Posts
when i picked up mine 50th parts car it had a factory "looking" radar detecor in the dash. put it did not work at all

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
If it is a factory item then the ultimate test is whether the part exists in the FSMs or the parts fiche.

·
Registered
154 Posts
word, then sorry for standing up for it.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i was just curious if anyone had seen a 300zx with a radar detector that said nissan on it, i couldnt care less if ford made it, sold it to porsche, and then traded it to nissan... just wanted to know any info anyone might have to offer... i see since i have been gone zcar.com has only become worse.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
For $1500, I'm sure the installer would put a picture of your penis on it if you wanted to:
<http://www.passportsr1.com/srx.htm>

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.