ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so everyone who reads m'**** topics knows ive wanted a 240sx...but im thinkin ...after riding with my buddy in an 02 wrx with a pop off valve, exhaust and intake...im wantin a turboed car...no doubt about it...anything have ANYTHING bad to say about a z31 turbo, or any common problems with the turboed models??oh and im spending around 3k on one lol

·
Registered
782 Posts
Cool go for it, make sure its a 5 speed if you plan racing it alot, as far as common problems same as any other z. Try to get a 87-89 turbo that way you wont have to upgrade your differential and tranny someday if you plan on making alot of horsepower.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Why would you need to upgrade the tranny and diff. Plenty of people use the 84-86 tranny and diff with lots of hp. As with any car once you reach a certain point stock parts will have to be upgraded but the 84-86 stuff will get you pretty far. The only advantage to the 87-89 is the LSD diff you get but it's not any stronger. Get which version of the 300zx you like best. As for your turbo idea remember that the 240sx can be turboed or you can drop in the SR20. Also if you do want a 300zx turbo it would probably just be easier to convert yours rather than buy a whole new car. Think about it, you already know your car and whats wrong with it as well as what you've done to it. Just an idea.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no...unfortunately im sellin my ol black beast..yall have seen the pics..is it worth 2200 obo? OH AND I FOUND A 86T...IM HYPED FELLAS...I HEARD AN OLD VOICE SAW NO MODS AND HE SAYS THERES NO PROBLEMS..HE WANTS 3K ID SHOW YA PICS BUT I DONT WANT IT TO GET TAKEN (i didnt ask miles tho....) oops well find out huh ( around 3months)

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha funny....my 3rd grinds....what kinda bullets we talkin lol..then again i dunno who owned it b4 me and what kinda driving they practiced...but the dukes of hazard slide marks may be a sign of who drove it b4 me lol

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
You're syncro's are probably shot.

If you're looking at swapping in the tranny, there is more than just the tranny that needs to be swapped. Driveshaft, rear companion flange if I'm thinking correctly. Maybe some other stuff..

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
I have a 5spd Z32TT and 4th gear scrapes, grinds and some times won't even engage thanks to all the racing the car's previous owner did.

Bulletproof my @ss...

Post Edited (Apr 17, 10:28pm)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Yeh the factory parts are pretty good but people have broke the 84-86 turbo trannys with 300 horsepower. I got mine tuned pretty good now im probably making 400rwhp @25psi im going to the dyno this week but the only thing that ive broke so far was a halfshaft. Since my car has an open diff all my power transfers to only one wheel thats why I said to get 87-89 that way it sends the power to both halfshafts instead of one. Then you wont be running around trying to find a lsd diff. The 87-89 trannys are pretty tough 1sickz is putting down some major power.

·
Registered
782 Posts
LOL az, he's right be careful,I too have lost controll of mine a few times but stock engine will hold 400rwhp+ with fuel and the stock clutch will hold about 280rwhp mine did anyways for a month.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
cute? I thought I was an A S S.

You're D U M B.

Try not to get yourself trapped in the car when you do wrap it around a tree.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hey 17.6....its a BLOW OFF VALVE...not a pop off valve..yes it may have a pop off valve too, but I know your reffering to the swoosh sound...clown

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.