ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone changed over to feul injection on their 260z or 240z? i have an f.i. motor complete to put in my 260 and i hear the motor harnes for the sensors are seperate from the rest of the wireing. do i need to change the tank? and what other headaches are there? here in calif. i will need a catilytic converter for one thing. i cant wait to get rid of the flat top carbs ! any help would be helpfull, thank you.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
> Has anyone changed over to feul injection on
> their 260z or 240z?
> Tim,
i did that swap in my late 260 several years ago. it's more than a weekend project, but is not all that difficult if you have a complete 280Z donor car. you need to wire in the COMPLETE fuel injection wiring harness and add a relay or 2 for the fuel pump and something else that i can't remember off the top of my head. you can use your 260 tank but must use the 280 fuel pump. it would be slightly easier on a late 260 than an early one because the wiring for the BCDD is already in place. you have to wire your electronic ignition into the system also. e-mail me if you have more questions.
mine was a nice running Z when it was finished, but it took a while. might be easier just to go with early carbs. they will bolt right on to your manifold.
mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.