ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone attempted this... extrude honing...its where theyll shoot an abrasive material through the intake manifold...simply put boring it out lil by lil by lil...so ya ....anyone done this i was hoping to do this then the 240sx TB then i wouldnt have the bottlenecking problem discussed in a prev. forum (240sxTB).... i may not attempt this in the end my 240sx may end up gettin the money i wana spend on my 300zx...but still anyone done it?

·
Registered
657 Posts
hybrid:

I agree with you but keep in mind this kids got an N/A. I really dont see how it could hurt. But i also dont see how it will make too much difference( maybe if its polished too). I still think youll have the bottleneck issue with the 240 TB. Price is the big factor........ Id do it for $100 on my N/A but id polish it too. who knows maybe if he did this he could call himself 17_5

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I was thinking if he had a shop remove all of the componants, perform the machine work and reassemble it would cost alot. Probably more than it would be worth. Now add a cam, pistons, injector/ecu upgrades, and do it all at the same time the results would be evident. It just sucks to spend in excess of $300 and find out the mod just does'nt make much difference and be let down. Z-ya

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya all agreed...the TB wouldnt be a bottleneck being as its 60mm compared to the stock 55mm z31 TB...so that would be outta the question..just thorwing ideas for that damned restrictive manifold

·
Registered
657 Posts
get yourself a pathy intake...... thats what im going to do here next month. Theres a little fabrication to go with it but not much... Then you can mount that 240TB and have it do something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.