ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my 83 280ZX (t-tops, if that makes any difference), the front door windows will not seal with the rubber on the exterior window seal, both with the door closed and open. One window i changed out, the other is original, but the problem is the same w/ both. What can i do to make them seal? thnx

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
If your talking about the seal that keeps water from running down your window and into your door, and the seal looks in good shape.......

You can adjust your window so it tilts to the out side just enough to seal.

In the FSM theres alot of info on adj windows.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thnx for the info, but i only have a haynes manual, is there a website online that has the FSM so i can look at it?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nvm about the finding the FSM, i got it dled, but im pretty sure i have the window adjusted all it will go "at waist area'' with the upper adjusting bolts and it still doesn't seal. The seal looks to be in good shape, with no cracks or holes or anything in them, but do yall think that maybe the rubber has shrunk over time or what, will new seals fix the problem?, because this problem like i say is on both windows and ive only messed with one. The problem is also evident on the 79 280ZX thats my parts car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.