Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys..
I am thinking of getting a chrome plenum and I was wondering if I have the plenum off should I replace the injectors. All are running fine, but the car is a 94 with 140K miles. Should I change them or wait until they go bad.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Based on your future plans for the car it would realistically be a waste of money. Your existing na motor would not be worth any more even with new injectors. Also as Mickie stated, the new syle injectors are not as prone to failure although it can still happen. I just replaced two in a '95 NA.

What are your plans for the plenum? Are you chroming yours or buying a prechromed on a core basis? If you are chroming yours, I can modify the plenum prior to chroming so that the injectors can be changed at any time.

Tim

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am unsure what to do. I do like the flexiblity of having the injectors available, but I don't want the car to be down. Plus I don't know how to take the plenum off. Maybe I can bring the car to you? Then you can modify the plenum and chrome it.

·
Registered
525 Posts
While we are on the subject of new versus old style injectors, I feel somewhat ignorant in detecting which ones are presently in my 90NA.

I am at 172,000 miles with no injector problems or concerns, but I did not acquire this car until it was at 118,000. The injector upgrade could have already taken place, couldn't it.

What visual diff am I looking for now to see what I've got, with the plenum in place, of course. Color? shape? connector style, etc?

If someone has one of each for the NA, old vs new, and can post the pictures, that would be super terrific, but I read English well and can go w/o pics LOL.

Gawd! Will this RAIN never stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Western WA: 12 " Jan 2006. Normal year Jan 4.4" A foot of snow a day in the Cascades, railroad mudslides, highway mudslides, mountain avalanche risks, water standing in our yards, 1/3 to an inch of rain most every day since Dec 20.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Brian,
I would be happy to install a plenum for you, only problem is we don't have a chrome shop that offers even close to a reasonable turn around time. We do have spare plenums that I could prep if you have a decent chrome shop in Indy. Another option would be a chrome plenum from Z1, Mega can give you feedback on the quality of the finish and how it is hoding up. The install would be an afternoon project.

Dave,
If your injectors have the retangular connectors with the wire retaining clips you still have the early style injectors. It is fairly expensive and labor intensive to change to the newer style and it was not a common upgrade until the last couple of years.

Tim

·
Registered
14,442 Posts
i went 210k on the original 93 injectors without a hitch.

but if youre gonna do the swap,go ahead and get 740s.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.