Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I am ready to install the engine into my 70 just to check everything and make adjustments, so I do not have a dead car (my only driving one right now). The engine is an 83 with P79 head. The problem is that the round port manifold is longer than the square ones, at least the early square ones. They will not fit into the car. I just want to run this engine for maybe 2 hours, but with only a manifold is VERY loud, I have done it before. So, does the round manifold fit up and do a decent job for what I want? Eventually it will go into my 83 and have the header which is in the car now. For now though, I have an extra exhaust manifold of each, so let me know if the square one will work. I just want to get the gases through a muffler for my neighbors sake. I am finding I am going to have to use a mechanical oil pressure gauge and get a regular carbuerator fuel pump (electric) for there is not the fuel pump accomidations. Anything else? I will use the non-geared starter and distributor from the 70. Same with the alternator. Thanks for your help.
Joshua L.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.