ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently pulled my rusty/falling off mufflers, and need to replace from there back. I CANT afford the Labree(unfortunately) and will probably have a local guy instally what I buy. Can i buy the Sebring Mufflers that Labree uses? and where is the best place to pull/replace, should I replace from the bolts in the second pic and back? What would you do, keep in mind I'm on a budget. Links please!

THANKS!

AND HERES THE MUFFLERS I'M REPLACING. ARE THESE STOCK?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Yep, those look like stock mufflers.

If you can't afford the Labree system, I'd go with a custom magnaflow or otherwise set-up done by a local shop. It'll be much cheaper and sound pretty good too.

Post Edited (Jan 29, 1:16pm)

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what mufflers should i get?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$200-350 at max. if i could buy good mufflers and have them installed it shouldn't cost more than that right?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
HOLY CRAP...look at all the rust on the rear end and sub frame.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys..... really helpful. lol

·
Registered
673 Posts
i've seen sebring mufflers on ebay for hella cheap a few times... take a peek.

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
i'd do custom H-pipe with resonators. Do maybe 2.3" or so mandrel bends. Then any type of muffler. Maybe Powertechs, there 100 a piece. I'm searchin it up too.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
The Sebring mufflers that specialty uses are custom made so that the inlet pipe is off center to allow for a straighter piping. You can get a basic Fast Intentions (ex-labree) for around 750 or so. Or you could get the HKS hyper for around 550 or so.

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
here are some mufflers:

<http://www.mufflermall.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=91_8&products_id=196>

some guys on this site use them. Have a shop weld em up for ya.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
any more links?

·
Registered
14,897 Posts
I had my exhaust done locally with Borlas and it was way cheaper, and straighter, than most out there. So it has me thinking. Those severe S-curves in the OEM piping are just wrong.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.