ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have decided to upgrade my exhaust on my 86 n/a 5 speed and I was just wondering if one of you z gods out there would give me a little advice? I have been searching some sites and found a few set ups and was wondering what was the best? Should I even get a set up off line and have some one install it or should I just go to a local shop and have them make me something? No matter what a shop is going to do the install. Should I do my headers to? How much should I expect this to cost? How much hp should I get? My main concern is the sound, I do not want my z to sound like it farting every where I go (man I hate that rice crap). I am not a mechanic by any means so all of your input is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Magnaflow muffler or Flowmaster. They have a similar sound, but the Flowmasters are a bit louder.

Do the headers at the same time. Be aware installation rates may end up costing more because of the likelihood of breaking exhaust studs.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Yup, Bum is right! Do the headers at the sametime.

I've never done headers on a Z but from the looks of it, I don't really want to. IMHO it's not worth the time, aggrevation, pain, bleeding, and injury doing it yourself unless you have another car and have nothing but time and lots of beer.

Consider your time and money as well! These dudes are pros and get the job done in a day and if you can get it for under $300 (headers installed that is), do it!!!!!

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I didnt know headers were avaliable for our cars. learn something new every day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.