ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got the intake and exhaust manifolds off today. My rear exhaust stud is broken but I was able to get the other studs out without any problem whatsoever. Go figure. Tomorrow I try the easyout method. Wish me luck. Oh yeah, I just saw Bubble's paint job. What can you say but WOW!! I've been trying to decide what color to paint my '78z. It was originally bronze and is now orange. I was thinking of leaving it orange but after seeing Bubble's car I may have to change my mind. Oh well, I have plenty to do before then.

Brent
stock '78z

Stupid Hurts!!

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
cajn, that is orange!!!! its the new Nissan oragne, you know, the new orange color 350Z?? its called Le Mans Sunset...its not cheep though, two pints of just the paint is about $350 plus clearcoat, reducer, hardner, and something else, (forgot name) all was for $675

i cant wait till next weekend...we are painting the doors and hood, then on to installing them, then on to taking the car to get entirely painted!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bubble, great job so far on your car. I never thought much of the 2+2 before, but your car is going to be awesome. My car is the old pumkin orange which I like but the new Lemans Sunset orange is absolutly beautiful. I saw a 350z roadster in that color the other day. My car has a long way to go. I'm stipping it down for a "frame-up". The the farther I get into it the more fun I have. I'm getting ready to buy a mig welder and build a rotissoire. The big challenge for me is keeping my garage warm as the weather is already getting cool up here in Montana. Keep up the great work Bubble and keep the pics coming. They keep my psyched and motivated to keep up the work on my car.

Brent
stock '78z

Stupid Hurts!!

·
Registered
984 Posts
Hey cajun... just a warning about the easyout deal... they're really easy to break if you're not EXTREMELY careful about keeping them straight when turning them. They're usually made of chrome moly, so they're nice and hard, but brittle at the same time. I've seen a bunch of them broken off in various mechanical parts brought into the machine shop I used to work for. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Use the type that are square cut and you have to hammer it in the bolt after drilling. They do not apply as much stress and do not flare the broken bolt as much. Thi makes it easier to pull the bolt out. They do not break as often as the screwy type. Be careful none the less.

I still sell 10.9 grade exhaust stud kits with coated locking pinch nuts. Email me if your interested.

·
Registered
620 Posts
just a question a bit off topic, but do you have a gasket between the downpipe flange and the turbo exhaust housing?

Mat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.