ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While the Z is down I decided to pull the motor out. So I remove the gaurds off the top of the drivers side manifold and noticed that it was cracked?!?!? So I started thinking......... Tubular manifold. So I called my buddy at M&J Waterjet Solutions, and 10 minutes later had a set of gaskets to him. Im having some header flanges made. But not for a T-3. A big problem with upgrading turbos that I have encountered so far is with the factory manifold, problems concerning space fitting a larger turbo in between frame rail and engine , difficulty in integrating an external wastegate properly ( wastegate should have all 6 cylinder pulses, and that **** T-3 flange. So I am going to start a mock up of some tubular turbo manifolds that will utilize a T-4 flange, an intergral wastegate, and places the turbo where the air conditioning was. The turbo is going to sit verticaly for ease of exhaust pluming. I need a cracked T-4 turbine housing if anybody has or knows of one, to use for the mock up, and measurements. As with the intake which is at the machine shop now, I could consider selling these also assuming there were enough to make it worth the troubles. This is a mod for the "big boy" toy, and will require modifications, you will have to scrap the A/C, buy a T-4 turbo, and at least a 45mm gate ( depending on your turbo) **** this car has become a quest. If I made them, I assume the cost would be around $1000.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.