ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My z was fine, I took it in for a front end job, a week later after I got it, the exhaust manifold started to leak. Any possible reason for that?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Broken studs, bet either the rear or the front one is broken off in the head. And no it isn't the person who worked on it last's fault!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I've seen the ZX have a missing nut at number 6, while I was testing driving one. Hmm... got out of car, opened the hood.. yep it was gone LOL

·
Registered
237 Posts
Maybe just get out your trusty old socket set and try tightening each of the bolts on the exh. manifold. I've seen tons of cars with the broken studs on the ends that don't leak - that stock manifold is pretty rigid and thick, and unless you get it extremely hot and the douse it with icewater, it's unlikely going to warp in the matter of a few days, but Steve is right - if those studs have been missing for a while, the manifold can get out of true after many iterations of heating it up and cooling it down without having steady pressure across all the bolts on the manifold.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all very much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.