ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone help me out, I have an exhaust leak I think at the manifold, my question is do I have to take the intake manifold and cylinder head off to replace the exhaust manifold? As it is right now I have to drive with the windows down because the exhaust smell is so bad.
Thanks, Steve

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Intake Manifold Yes, Cylinder Head No.

A while back there was some ingenious innovator on this forum who described how he got the exhaust manifold off without removing the intake. It sounded a bit like a person trying to take off his socks without unlacing a pair of logging boots. My suggestion is go by the manual and do it right.

Stock Datsun header blocks have a tendency to warp with age. If you want to keep your car stock, the header assembly ought to be machined to insure a snug fit. Personally though, I went to tubular headers because I don't like fixing the same things over and over again.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE: Intake Manifold Yes, Cylinder Head No.

I had the same problem not long ago, my exh manifold was leaking pretty bad, with a rather obnoxious exh manifold leaking sound, so I decided to get headers instead of having the exh manifold repaired. I got the motorsport header, however the leaking manifold sound is still there, although it is better. Could my head be warped?? Thanks for your help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.