ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 85 n/a with a magnaflow race series muffler and it is very loud on the inside, i have heard people say its not that loud on the outside. between 2000 - 2500 RPMs it is VERY LOUD but above 2500 u cant really hear it. is there any way to make it a lil bit quieter without losing the performance?

Post Edited (Feb 28, 3:40pm)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
never looked but im sure i have one. would not having a cat make that big of a difference?

·
Registered
657 Posts
do you have the rear carpet in the back? and is the pad under it? The carpet and pad absorbe alot of sound........ I removed mine and it seemed to get alot louder.............

·
Registered
782 Posts
You may also wanna check to see if there is a rusty hole back there I had a little one on my car.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cats make a difference in the sound? i kno my cat isnt punched out bcuz it passed smog with flying colors (before new magnaflow muffler) what would a resonator do? how much would it cost to have one installed?

·
Registered
559 Posts
ummm...im not sure on the resontator install price or am i sure on where to find a good one...im sure they can be picked up relatively cheap under100 bucks..ya it really wouldnt have passed smog if it had a bad cat...i thought you were saying that you had removed your cat and it was loud lol sorry ill read more carefully next time ya just dont remove the cat if you dont want it loud is the basic thing..there was another topic somewhere where a guy put a resonator on his exhaust cause it was too loud if you can find that and talk to him to figure out where he got his then im sure he can help you good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.