ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the exhaust gas analyzer or one that may be similar to the one that Moss has in its MGB Catalog that sells for $201? What is your opinion? Catalog Description: "Tune your car for best performance and low emissions. Gas tester measures carbon monoxide in your exhaust to help tune for best performance and economy. Save the cost of multiple trips to the smog shop, and save our environment. New digital version." Thanks very much, Ernest (240/260Z)

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has two (2) aligator-looking clips (clamps). It appears that there are long lengths of wire from the clips to the rectangular-box-shaped analyzer. It just occurred to me, I will call Moss tomorror and see if I can get some additional information and post it (1-800-667-7872). I am also going to look up www.mossmotors.com and see if I can pull up this analyzer (#386-220) in search for additional information. Take Care, Ernest (240/260Z)

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I called Moss Motors on their toll # which is not the # for technical advice (1-877-613-2138 for tech. advice). I call the technical advice department and was not in my office at the time that my call was returned. The message left was, "the Gas Analyzer measures only carbon monoxide. It is not capable of measuring nixtrous oxide or any particular matter. It is very limited--good for fixing carburetors at home in your driveway." I am not up-to-snuff on whether this measure would be adequate for smog readiness. I think I will begin and stick with the Colortune as Tony D. and othere recommended as a useful tool. Tony D. said for the purpose of smog, adjust toward the white side of bunson blue and after smog, readjust to bunson blue as instructed with the kit. Take care,Ernest (240/260Z)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.